Monday, November 23, 2009

"Do you, do you like dreaming of things so impossible?"

"Or only the practical? Or out of this world? Waiting through all your bad bad days just to end them with someone you care about..." So Impossible by Dashboard Confessional.

This is one of my favorite songs of all time. It's about just meeting someone you're interested in and wanting to learn everything about them. It's romantic and makes my heart swoon whenever I hear it. It makes me feel "young again" even though I know I'm not old. It also reminds me of a time in my life where I was more in tuned with my emotions. I used to spend a lot of time dreaming and writing and thinking. Now I spend my time more realistically, I don't search through songs and books for the perfect quote to match my mood that day- I don't take the time for introspection about my thoughts or what is going on in my life. These things just aren't practical and are too time consuming and wouldn't have an affect on anyone else if I didn't do them. However, remembering this part of my life, I remember how much happiness it would give me- how it was such a big part of who I was, I guess who I still am. It used to be like therapy to me, and I would come out feeling energized and ready to take on the world. I was able to go through each of my emotions and deal with them and come out with a new perspective.

I think maybe this side of me has resurfaced- and it's about time.

No comments:

Post a Comment