Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Are you there, Rum? It's me Holls...

It's nothing new that this time of year is hectic- however add a newborn and an upcoming wedding and things get a bit more complicated.

I decided to brave Bethesda with the bebeh yesterday (well I actually had no choice) and the outcome? Success!!! My arms are sore from carrying her all over the place in the car seat- but she slept basically the whole time so, I'll take it! Leaving the house with the baby is such a daunting task, it makes thing a million times more complicated. Should I take the stroller? Should I just leave her in the car seat? Can I carry the car seat that far? Can I just carry her? Will I be able to carry her and the items I bought and my purse and my diaper bag? Do I even have my diaper bag? Did I remember a bottle? Wipes? Extra outfit? Blanket? Binky? Diapers? Wipes? Will she have a melt down? Will I have a meltdown?!

Ugh it's exhausting just thinking about it!

One of the things I had to do while I was out was meet with a florist to discuss the flowers for my wedding. I asked Jdance to come with per usual. By the end of the meeting we had picked out my and my bridesmaids bouquets, the floral arrangements for the ceremony, centerpieces, mom and MIL corsages, and all the men's flowers. It feels like such a relief to cross that item off my endless wedding to-do list. Just thinking about it makes me so excited. I can't wait for the demo so J can see what I picked out. I am very happy he trusts my taste enough to let me take control over the general decor and theme of the wedding. I would post pictures but there are certain folks that are reading this that need to be surprised!

Speaking of that there are still a few save the dates I haven't sent out and need to do so ASAP- crap, I knew I was forgetting something...

Aaaanyways other fun upcoming wedding plans are two of my fav things: Hair and make up. I'm doing a hair trial on Friday (yaaay) and currently in the process of finding a make up artist. We're also meeting with a potential officiant in two weeks- he was recommended by a friend AND he's inexpensive so I am thinking this one is a no-brainer.

The closer the wedding gets the more nervous I get about it all coming together. Originally I was going to try a lot of DIY things for the decorations to save money. However, at the end of the day I feared my guests would walk into a room that looked as though a five year old decorated it instead of seeing something fabulous. I received some great ideas and would recommend them to others, but whenever I have tried to be creative it always comes out a mess- I did NOT want to take that kind of risk on my wedding. So, I am leaving it to the professionals- luckily there are still ways to save money- like choosing flowers that are in season, killer negotiation skills (or having someone close to you with killer negotiating skills, thank you J), and finding vendors that offer deals with multiple purchases.

Man all this wedding stuff totally has me out of sync with the holiday season. Normally I love the holidays and gift giving and all the warm fuzzies that come with it, but this year it's pretty much the last thing on my mind. I am hoping next year I will get a chance to devote more time to it. I was really looking forward to going all out with the decorations, making and decorating cookies with my future step son, taking a really great holiday picture for the holiday card, having the perfect outfit for my little girl. Looks like things will not be going according to plan this year, so fitting consider NOTHING this year has gone according to plan, I'll try again next year :)

1 comment:

  1. pretend i don't read this. tell me about the flowersssssssss!!

    haha jk, i GUESS i can wait a few more months :)

    ReplyDelete