Friday, January 15, 2010

Goodnight Moon

To My Sweet Little Cupcake,

Just a week ago you turned three months old. Three months...seems like a lifetime since I first held you in my arms. You have grown so much and I have been lucky enough to watch every moment of it. You are really grasping things now- like the rattle on Mr. Octopus when he dangles over your head. The first time I saw you do this I screamed out " she's grabbing she's grabbing!" even though no one else was home- I also added a "great job bebe, you are so amazing" because you are. Everyday you are growing and learning and I love every second of it.

I have been waiting for the moment you reach your arms out to give me a hug, for now I will settle with an extra strong arm grab when you first wake up, or a sweet nuzzle into my chest after you stretch your arms, or even holding my fingers when you are eating and playing. I also can't wait to hear you say "mommy" but for now I will settle for the sweet coos you make after you see me when you first wake up or or the shrieks of happiness you make when we smile at each other. I know the moments I long for will come too soon so I am soaking in all that I can each and every day.

As I write this you are laying next to me, asleep for the night, but not in your crib. No... tonight you will sleep next to me with the soft blanky and the ocean music of dozy dolphin. Tonight I will fall asleep to the sound of your breathing and the binky. You are so beautiful and so precious. Those big blue eyes and those squishy cheeks...

Goodnight baby girl, I love you so much.

::*muah* and a tap on the nose::

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful... you should print it out and put it on her wall. Those little moments are the most amazing :) Hugs to you Holls...

    ReplyDelete