Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My first real snuggle

Dear Bebe,

This morning I got my first real snuggle out of you. You fell asleep in my arms, no bottle attached, no rocking and walking around, you just fell asleep laying down with me on the couch. This is definitely one of my favorite moments with you. I have wanted a real snuggle since before you were born. Instead of immediately putting you in your crib I layed with you and enjoyed this moment as long as I could. I stroked your hair, kissed your head,I found it hard not to pinch those cheekies, but I didn't want to wake you :)

These moments always take me to daydreams about who you will be when your personality starts to show. I often find myself wondering who's personality will you get, mine or daddy's, or will you have one all your own?

I've noticed you already have your daddy's temper- even Aunt Missy says when you are screaming you look just like he did when he was a baby. I wonder if you will get his smarts or his sense of humor. These are two of my favorite qualities in him. He is the smartest person I know and much to my frustration pretty much always right. He is also hilarious and always keeps me laughing.

I can already tell you've got your mommy's bratty attitude- when you don't get what you want you scream :) I wonder if you'll have a passion for love like I do, or if you'll wear your heart on your sleeve.

Either way I know you are going to be great. As your mother I hope to guide you and help give you the proper tools so that you can do anything you set your heart to. I want the best for you... oh my goodness do I want the best for you.

Is that you I hear in your crib giggling and cooing away? I absolutely love to go see you smiling and happy in your crib, I love even more when you look up at me with those big beautiful blue eyes and give me a great big gummy smile. These moments only last for so long so I need to get going and enjoy them while I still can.

I love you bebe.



No comments:

Post a Comment