Saturday, February 20, 2010

1 Year Ago Today

1 year ago today I found out I was pregnant.

The week before I had been feeling hungover, sick, I couldn't eat and the medicine I was taking wasn't working. In the weeks before I noticed I wasn't able to drink alcohol like I used to, I could barely finish a drink with out feeling sick or tired. I have no clue what was going on, I thought it was part of "getting older." Being pregnant never crossed my mind because I wasn't throwing up in the morning. I never got morning sickness- I was just feeling crappy all day. Little did I know that not everyone gets morning sickness, some people have no symptoms at all!

When I got the BFP I was 8 weeks along. I remember feeling so awful I didn't know sooner- I had been drinking alcohol and way too much caffeine. I was on medications that you can't take while your pregnant. It really worried me. The doctor reassured me that as long as i stopped everything immediately the baby should be fine. I almost died at the prospect of not having any caffeine- how the hell was I going to get through the day? Fortunately you are usually allowed about a cup of coffee a day give or take :)

Thinking back to that day I REALLY had no clue what I was about to go through. Like, I almost feel embarrassed about the lack of information I had. Thank gawd for the internet or I really would have been lost.

A year ago today I couldn't have imagined I'd be two months away from my wedding. I knew J and I would get engaged and marry at some point, but I had no clue 2010 would be the year I became a Mrs.

This year has been one long, crazy, awesome, roller coaster ride, and it's just the beginning ;)



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet little girl. :)

    I always wondered if a person could just "tell" they were preggo. It's my fear that it'll happen with us and I won't know for awhile! I'll need to wean myself off the massive amts. of caffeine before I have one of my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a lovely blog :)
    And your little girl is just precious !

    ReplyDelete