Monday, February 22, 2010

McFatty Monday... I've been avoiding you...

It's McFatty Monday time! Check it out here

Last week I didn't participate. I was ashamed. Seriously, I'm not being over dramatic here. I was really ashamed. This weight loss and exercising thing has become such an important aspect of my life, any deviation from my plan puts me in a funk.

First it was the blizzard of 2010 part 2. This meant J would be home from work three days of out and week and T would be here one of those days. Working out only happened two days that week. It was also valentines day weekend and I thought it would be a good idea to bake cookies and make truffles.

Second, last week, I don't know what happened, I only worked out three times. I was exhausted. I was breaking down. Seriously, I guess baby's aren't the only ones who go crazy if you mess with their schedule. I was freaking out about last week, freaking out over my lack of sleep, freaking out about being in my wedding dress and looking less than perfect, freaking out about how the next week my schedule would also be tampered with. Didn't people realize I needed to work out at a specific time and if I can't do it then it probably won't get done?!?!?!?!

My sanity was definitely questioned last week. I don't think it helped only getting three hours of sleep at a time, thank to my lovely daughter who doesn't understand the meaning of beauty sleep. I honestly had to force myself to stop freaking out and to breath and take it one day at a time or I was going to continue making myself miserable and would probably end up cutting myself off from the world until I was able to get my body in the shape I wanted it.

But the world doesn't work like that. LIFE doesn't work like that. I have to learn to go with the flow and adapt to change- not freak out every time i have an obligation that happens to fall into my work out time. So, I'm working on it... I know I won't change over night.

So let's get to the good stuff. Goals:


Pilates work out during baby's morning nap. It's another 20 min workout. I've done pilates in the past and LOVED it.

Start 30 day shred over again. Work on proper form. Work on doing the work out with Natalie instead of Anita. Also, last month I switched out some of the arm moves for butt and thigh moves. This time I am going to follow it exactly. Last week was the first week of re-starting it and even though i had already gotten through level 3, level 1 was NO walk in the park... especially the arm stuff. I did notice I was stronger though- so that's always good.

I have 5 more pounds to lose to get to pre-preg, and to be honest I wouldn't mind losing 6 more after that but that will probably have to wait until after the wedding. I have just about a month until my last dress fitting, after that I just need to maintain until after the wedding.

Here's to keeping my sanity, being healthy and losing weight!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm rooting for you on my end here. I hope you find that much needed sanity to meet your goals. I am laughing because you and a few others (including myself) are not the only one who did not do McFatty Monday last week, whats up with that? HA! Anyways I can't wait to see you in your dress looking great. Have a good week!

    heres mine
    MCFatty Monday #…?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on the difficult weeks. I am find that making smaller goals is helping me from feeling like a complete failure.

    Seriously though, the wedding dress is a lot of pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You worked out 3 times last week! That's great! I never end up working out. Unless I put Evie is the Moby and dance around lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need to set little goals for the week like you do. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm rootin' for you, honey, & so proud of your goals!

    Also, I always follow Anita. Natalie frightens me.

    ReplyDelete