Friday, February 12, 2010

Red Velvet Cookies!

In honor of V-day I decided to do some baking! I made red velvet cookies with cream in the middle and got the recipe from here

Mine are no where near as pretty as hers BUT I gave it a shot.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here's the lovely dough. I used red velvet cake mix, but only added two eggs and a 1/2 cup of butter- at first I didn't think it was right but after a few minutes of mixing (with a mixer) the consistency became less dry and more "dough" like

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I made mine bigger than what the recipe says, they should actually be at least 1/2 this size. I found the dough to be really really sticky!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here are the cookies after about 13 mins in the oven!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is the cream cheese frosting. It calls for a whole brick of cream cheese, some vanilla, more butter (I can feel the weight gain already) and confectioners sugar.

Wait for it... waaaaait for it...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ta-Da!!!! My cookies are MUCH bigger than they should be and we found out that in this case bigger is not better. I ended up cutting the cookies into fours so they were smaller. This this recipe makes about 24 cookie and 12 when you put them all together.

I encourage you guys to make these and let me know what you think! They are super cute for v-day, but def need to be smaller. The cookie is so rich it was hard to finish a big one. Making these bite size is ideal :)

7 comments:

  1. oOoOoO...They look soo pretty!! I'm not a fan of red velvet, but I would definitely make these for the fam!

    Thanks so much for the award!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so yummy! I think I might have to make some, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany you can make them with any kind of cake mix!

    Thanks you guys you're making me blush :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM!

    I love cake mix cookies. I've never thought about making them with red velvet cake, though. I'll have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMM...those look good! I love red velvet! I want to try the red velvet cheesecake at cheesecake factory...that will be my next red velvet indulgence! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look delicious - I'll have to try these! Thank you!!

    Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete