Friday, March 26, 2010

Dear Cupcake

Dear Cupcake,

Mommy was mad last night. Or rather, early this morning. Due to your recent playtime of midnight I have gotten used to falling asleep between 1 and 2 AM. This night as soon as I laid my head down on my pillow I hear you start to stir. The stir turned into an all out meltdown because I could not step out of bed fast enough to feed you. Mommy's so tired, baby. It's been months of getting a few hours of sleep at a time (except on very rare occasion) so I huffed and puffed and stomped to get you out of your crib.

However, after you had finished eating I couldn't move. Normally I am quick to put you back in your crib and hope to fall asleep within the hour. This time something was different. You were so content in my arms, and I was so content to kiss your head and snuggle you close. I wanted to sneak you into the big bed, crawl into your crib, I just wanted to stay near you. I knew I needed to go to sleep, it would only be a few hours until I was up again and I had so much to do the next day. I had to work out, clean, and get all dolled up to celebrate a friends birthday. I HAD to get some sleep, but I also HAD to keep holding you. So I did just that. I watched your peaceful face as you took each breath, stroked your head and ran my fingers through the one patch of hair you have on your head. Thinking about it now makes me miss you and you are only in the next room.

So mommy was mad... but your sweet face some how melted all that anger and exhaustion away.

I love you baby girl.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness . . . this is unbelievably sweet! I absolutely melt picturing this in my head, remembering how many times I felt the same way with my three babies who are now full-grown. You're a wonderful mother. God Bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our cupcakes are the best, right?!

    Welcome to TMC!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete