Monday, April 5, 2010

19 day to go!

I recently came across some information that would have been nice to have in Jan. It's my own fault for thinking I could work out and eat "my way" and still lose weight and keep it off.

I lost the weight. Then I started to gain a little ( I didn't gain it all back, but I gained a little). Wedding or no wedding my energy went WAY down. I wanted to work out, but the energy wasn't there. Last week I did some exercises with the resistance band and that's about it. I am very disappointed. I have 19 days left until my wedding and will always know that I did not give it 100%. I may have given 100% for a month and a 1/2... then I started to give 80% then 60% and so on. I hope to goodness I am being to hard on myself and look at my wedding pictures and feel relieved and proud.

Before having the baby I didn't anticipate how long it would take to really be able to work out. Even though they SAY you can work out at 6 weeks, unless you are used to working out all the time- it's really quite impossible. I was able to find the strength and energy to really work out when Lils was three months. Thinking back I should have realized I needed time for trial and error for my work out and diet plan. How could I really expect to get it right the first time?

So, recently I started chatting with some amazing woman who know the ins and outs of proper health and fitness. A nice little inside secret I have overlooked many times is meal planning. MEAL PLANNING! It's so freaking simple. Thinking about it now it just makes perfect sense. If I write out everything, it will probably help keep me on track! Seeing the list may help me stop before placing my hand in that cookie jar- or think twice before adding an extra snack. So this week I am planning out my meal and exercise and hope to goodness I follow it. I love the idea of picking everything out and having it all planned so when it comes time to eat I won't be so tempted to just snack around for an hour, I'll be able to use the list as my guide.

Goals for this week:
Start the Shred again- do this first thing in the morning (as in I need to this this right after I post)
Meal Plan
Oatmeal, Oatmeal, oatmeal.
NO SUGAR (this is the home stretch folks I just gotta give up the sweets)
Continue to use the resistance band (I can do this while watching TV)
Try to squeeze in another work out of pilates during Lils' afternoon nap.

Here's to being healthy and losing weight!

7 comments:

  1. The H&F board has changed my life. In all seriousness. I did last week "their" way and I lost 4 lbs! It works. All natural as much as possible, lots of fruits and veggies and whole wheat. The plus size - the food tastes good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and add a tablespoon of honey and a banana to your oatmeal... yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO CORRECT about the working out after baby. They "say" 6 weeks. Bullshit. You're still trying to figure out how to get your head out of your ass at six weeks, much less start training for a marathon again.

    It's taken me a good 5 months post partum to REALLY feel like working out. To have any sense of stability & structure in my life to plan it in.

    I wish more folks talked about that versus "oh, you can start working out at six weeks!" Yeah. But you won't want to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are in the exact same situation, well except I don't have a baby! I also started out at 100%, but have slowly dropped in motivation ever since.

    I had no idea your wedding was just a week before mine! Let's kick April's ass so we can feel awesome at our weddings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meal planning saves me!

    Stopping in to welcome you to SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on sticking to your meal planning goals. You did an amazing thing by loosing your baby weight on your own and this will just kick it up a notch. I've been eating like crap lately. I could use a plan myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meal planning is a huge key in weight loss. Good luck sticking to it!! :)

    (btw, I'm following you now from Blair's site...if you wanna follow my weight loss, I'm at http://goobergrapemonkeyman.blogspot.com) :)

    ReplyDelete