Monday, May 31, 2010

McFatty Monday- "This is why you're fat"

So I feel like every time I post these days it's about finding some new way to be healthy, lose weight and tone up. Consider the past few months (since this whole thing started) my trial and error period. I have been trying to find what works for ME. I started out with great motivation and energy. As my wedding approached my stress levels increased and my desire to work out completely disappeared. I still don't have it back, but I am hoping to turn a new chapter in my life after my next grocery shopping trip. Each time I try something new I feel like I am getting one step closer to being able to maintain a healthy life style.

I am going to start eating clean. I have tried to avoid it because I didn't want to let go of certain foods, and because I was doing it alone. I need to get over myself and get real. I am sick of hating the way I look and feel. I need to do something about it, other than complain and stuff my face with more unhealthy foods. I need to get my energy levels up and work out and BE HEALTHY.

I got Jackie Warner's new book "This is Why You're Fat" I have already read through it and LOVE it. Normally I think books like this are fake, but for some reason this one really spoke to me (hey if it works who cares right?). I was a fan of Jackie on her show Work Out so I already respected her as a nutrition fitness professional before the book. Inside there are recipes, workouts, and lots of good information about why you are fat and unhealthy and how to stay thin and feel better. Overall it's just a fabulous book and I hope this is what really helps me to change my life.

Once I get all my food and get started I will get into more detail, for now I am celebrating Memorial day with family and going to try not to beat myself up about how I look.

I hope all of you have a great Memorial day! Here's to being healthy and looking great!!!

5 comments:

  1. I love Jackie, I had a total girl crush on her when she had her bravo show! I didn't know that she had a book, I will definitely have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivea the book is awesome! Let me know if you end up getting it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read that book so badly! Good luck with all of the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck!!! Big change but I hear good things about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm not quite sure how I found your blog, but...I'm just starting the clean eating journey for similar reasons, so I just wanted to say a quick,"you go, Girl!" (Yes, I still say things like that. I know it's 2010 now:-))

    ReplyDelete