Monday, June 7, 2010

McFatty Monday: Week 1

Last week I mentioned reading Jackie Warner's new book This is why you're fat. Well this week I am officially starting her program. The first two weeks, you just add food to your regular diet. I have everything I need except Whey protien- so here are my food goals:

-Drink water, water, water (duh) and add in lemon juice. I love this, when I go out to eat I always get water with lemon so I can squeeze some of the juice into my water, it makes it so refreshing. Turns out doing this is also good for you! I had the hubs (still LOVE saying that :)) pick me up some fresh lemons, I'm not sure if the bottle of lemon juice have the same effect.

- Eat at least 2 eggs a day. This is no issue. I LOVE have eggs for breakfast. Jackie also suggests hard boiling eggs before hand and sticking two each in zip lock bags- then adding salt and pepper to taste for an easy on the go snack. I like that she allows the WHOLE egg- most programs suggest only white, and lets be real, the yolk is the best part!

- 2-3 cups of veggies- easy... got some yummy yellow and red peppers ready to be chopped in my fridge!

-2 whole fruits... this I need to work on. I usually only have one fruit a day AT MOST.

- 1 Whey protein shake. I still need to buy the Whey protein. I meant to this weekend, but we had stuff being built in our house, then we had to buy decorations for it all and yadda yadda yaddaaaa... anyways, I still need to get out and buy it.

- 1 cup oatmeal daily... all I have are steal cut oats so I need to make up a batch for the week today. Those things take FOREVER to make. If I can find the plain instant oatmeal I will def be switching to that.

As for exercise, this program calls for 20 mins of hard cardio 5 days a week, and 3 days of resistance training added to the cardio. I want to start the 30 day shred again today, but we got a new tv and it doesn't have a dvd player, and the one we have it downstairs soooo I may have to try it out on my comp- it's really the only way I'll get cardio in. I love to get it over with when Lils goes down for her morning nap, but my track record shows not working out till after 4pm usually so we'll see.

I also bought an eating clean cook book- Eating clean for dummies. It has some great recipes in it (that include meat thank goodness) so I am going to try and start meal planning for week 3 (first week of real clean eating)

Here's to being healthy and fit!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Eggs are great because the protein helps you feel full longer!! I spray some PAM in a pan and 'fry' the chopped bell pepper. And then add in the egg. It's so good! I add a couple of shakes of tobasco when I am eating it over and over again to give it some umph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered Jackie's book today. So excited to go through and start her program. So far it sounds like it should be relativly easy to follow.

    Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I definitely need to eat more fruit and drink more water. I should incorporate eggs into my diet too-good protein, they are easy, and I like 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting! I'm going to check this out! Thanks for mentioning it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to check out that book - sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came across your blog randomly and your title made me smile. The book sounds awesome and it caught my attention because me and my husband just finished a "cleanse." And, it included all those things you mentioned above except eggs. And, we did feel awesome when we were done! I'm excited for you to start this new plan. :)

    ReplyDelete