Monday, January 17, 2011

McFatty Monday Take 103

Here I am a year later and I haven't made much progress. I have lost and gained 10 pounds over and over again. Something HAS to work right??? I feel like I have been trying so hard and nothing is working/sticking.

Then I talked to my husband about it. This is what he said:

"You really haven't been trying your hardest"

Taken aback by all the goals I have listed and different plans I have tried out this past year I started to open my mouth and defend myself and then I realized... he was right.

Although I have tried numerous plans and have been motivated to start those plans. I haven't stuck to anything. Even the month and a half I did the 30 days shred, I still wasn't eating as well as I should have. I have really been giving it 1/2 my effort even though I claimed to be giving it 100%. I am the QUEEN of giving excuses and that it precisely what I have been doing.

So again, I am here to state my goals, rules, and plans in the hopes that something will stick. I started off by giving my giving my husband full permission to comment and question my food choices and exercise. I listed out my goal and plan so we would both be on the same page. I hope that having a partner in this to help keep me accountable on a daily basis will really help me stay motivated and"just do it"

My Goal:

To be bikini ready for my honeymoon in 3 1/2 months. I have a deadline- it's not longer "I just want to be healthy." That goal wasn't working, it was too vague. I am someone who needs structure and deadlines.

The plan:

Exercise: Cardio for 20-30 minutes (depending on how much time I have) 5 days a week. 20-30 minutes of strength (squats, resistance band, etc.) 5 days a week. Ideally I would like to do the cardio in the mornings before work and the strength when I come home.

Food: For breakfast I have oatmeal with strawberries or frosted mini wheats. Lunch will be a mixture of yellow and red peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta and chicken. For snacks I am going to have things like hard boiled eggs, whole grain english muffin with peanut butter (or almond butter if I can get it) and strawberry jam, nature valley's granola bars, and dried fruit. Dinner will be some kind of chicken or pasta but I will watch my portions.

Changes to make:

Less alcohol. I like to enjoy a drink after work and on the weekends. It's relaxing and now it's kind of a habit. I don't drink a lot, maybe one or two- but it still kills my energy and adds to my exhaustion. I am allowing myself a drink or two during one week night and then one night on the weekend. I am replacing my nightly drink with a nightly cup of de-caf tea. That way I still have a relaxing drink to enjoy at the end of the day, but it isn't damaging to my health or energy.

No break on the weekend. I will not being taking a diet break on the weekend.I think this is one of the top things that hindered my ability to stick with any kind of program. One weekend would run into the next week and the week after that and so on.


Some things to work on:

Waking up the same time everyday, even on weekends. I have been having trouble waking up early (except for my stint at my job from hell). I read if you wake up at the same time everyday, it makes it easier. I am lazy as hell and could sleep my life away- this is a BIG change that needs to happen.

More Water. 'nuff said.


Exceptions:

Special occasions I can indulge myself. There is no way I will be able to pass up more than one helping of crab cake /crab dip/crab at a wedding- I'm from MD- it's almost illegal to do so. Being able to eat delicious food at special occasions is just something I am not ready to compromise on. Maybe I will be able to watch my portion sizes, or not eat 5 of everything offered, but I am not setting any rules just yet.

So... here I go ::fingers crossed::

3 comments:

  1. I am not sure what your body looks like (that sounds perverted, but not meant to!!)
    From what I see and read, you look great.
    Keep your goals realistic (which you are) and as long as your hubby is supportive and on board, you will totally manage:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand what you mean. I have similar goals that I have been striving to maintain, wake up at the same time, work out, watch what I eat ect. It has been working for me and I told my husband the same thing so we watch each other. I am sending good energy your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can totally do it & you're going to be SMOKING in your bikini :)

    p.s. I read so much of myself in you. I am the exact same way. & the alcohol? It's got to simmer down. sigh.

    ReplyDelete