Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Perfect.

" Pretty, pretty please don't you ever ever feel less than perfect" -Pink

Normally I think it's cheesy when people quote current pop songs, but tonight while I was watching my beautiful baby twirl and dance to this song these words made my throat tight and my eyes water.

Dear Lils,

You are perfect. You are gorgeous and so incredibly smart it scares me. You love to dance, pick up clumps of dog hair to give to me to throw away, and you hate to have your hands dirty. You love to snuggle with your blankies and soft stuffed animals. You're independent and strong and give kisses in exchange for snacks. You like to brush your teeth and refuse to eat the same food two days in a row. You're feisty and mouthy and not afraid to demand you get what you want. You make me smile everyday, you melt my heart and I am so thankful I am the lucky mommy that gets to call you my little gorgeous girl.

You're Perfect. Do you know that? Will you promise me that you will always remember that? Even if one day you're heart gets broken? Even if one day a friend turns their back on you? Even if you start to think that outfit makes you look fat? Even if you feel lonely and like no one understand you, please promise me.

And Lilybear... if you find yourself having trouble remembering, there are at least two people that are ready to remind you, at not even a moments notice, how perfect you are.


I love you baby girl.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. so sweet.

    btw...I love your blog design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl :) Becca from Jumping Jax Designs did it- she's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I hear this song on the radio, I tear up. Seriously... It's definately something I would tell my son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's gotten so big! What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete