Friday, February 11, 2011

Today was my lucky day.

Ten minutes. I get ten minutes of perfection with my daughter each night. During her bedtime routine we turn on Sprout just in time to watch the pajanamals sing their lullaby and Nina do the good night poem and song. I wish I could stretch this block of time out for hours. Lils knows when it's time for bed and asks for her binky, collects her blankey, minimouse and bear. Then looks over at me and I say "wanna come sit with momma?" She smiles and runs over to me.
RUNS.
She runs to me.

She.Runs.To.Me.

I make such a big deal about this because any other time of day? She doesn't run to me so much. She runs to daddy. If I get the privilege of getting Lils out of her crib in the morning she looks past me, looking for daddy. When I try and take her from his arms? She turns and holds tightly to him. She is OBSESSED with him- a true daddy's girl.

Then there are those ten amazing minutes that she is mommy's precious girl. Bedtime is my time. At bed time she comes and sits with me with her blankey and stuffed animals. At bed time she chooses me. And if I'm having a REALLY lucky day? She'll snuggle.

Today was a really lucky day. Because today was a really lucky day and a Friday my daughter went to bed 1/2 an hour past her bed time. Messing with her routine may make things crazy for tomorrow but I know I won't regret it. You just don't regret spending extra time holding your child. You just don't.

Today was my lucky day.

3 comments:

  1. Hols this made me tear up! I am so glad you can steal away such precious moments with Lils. Those quiet moments are ones you just don't ever forget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me cry! I cherish those special moments, too! You are a great mama, Holland!

    ReplyDelete