Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dear Lils

Dear Lils,

This isn't a special day or month or milestone. This is just a letter. I haven't written one to you in awhile. I wanted to be one of those amazing moms who write something every month, or even ever year. I wanted to be one of those moms who filled out your baby book precisely, noted all your milestones accurately, and was all around perfect so you could have a myriad of books and pictures documenting your life.

I am not one of those moms. Before I was a mom, I wasn't that type of person. When I write it's not on a deadline, or because of a special day, it's just happens.

So today, my sweet girl, I write to you not because of a special day or a special milestone, but just because.

Everyday I look at you, I can't believe how beautiful you are, how someone I helped create could be so stunning, even at the young age of 2. It's still so surreal to me. How did I get so lucky?

This definitely has to be my favorite age thus far. I love hearing you say " I love you mommy" I love watching you get excited when I make popcorn, or when you say "cheers" when we eat. I am in awe of how smart you are and love watching the pride in your face as you show off your sign language skills- mommy is so proud of you. I know you are destined for great things... as long as you use your powers for good ;)

There is a quote I read over and over again that is the closest thing that comes to explaining the bond I feel with you:

" No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows how my heart sounds from the inside"

No matter that, no one knows the sound of my heart better than you. No one else knows how it felt when you moved for the very first time, your first hiccup, it's something I cherish and feel so thankful we have these special moments between us. You are my everything. Maybe when you're all grown up I will reveal all of the good you have done for me, but for now I choose to let you in on our little secret and let you know, you make me happy.

Before I go, I also want you to know that I am 100% OK coming in second place to "Dadda." :) Watching the love you have for each other is everything I ever dreamed of. Words won't do my feelings justice- I could never explain how much the relationship between you two means to me.

I love you gorgeous girl. Until next time...

"Kisses and Huggie"

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh! I have that quote framed in my daughter's room. Love it!

    ReplyDelete